A new 5-year pilot program for caregivers have started in June 18, 2019. In this program qualified caregivers and their family members can come to Canada together with the goal of becoming permanent residents. There are 3 different application process depending on your work experience.
Initial eligibility criteria:
• Must have a genuine fulltime job offer form a Canadian employer. The job offer must be in the NOC 4411 Home Child Care Provider or NOC 4412 Home support Worker. This is an LMIA exempt occupation.
• Past work experience or training may be used to provide proof that the applicant can do the job as described by NOC
• Must have Language test with a minimum score of CLB 5 on all language skills
• Must have completed at least 1-year post-secondary education or equivalent (foreign credentials must have an Educational Credential Assessment)
If you have never worked as a caregiver in Canada before
- If you meet requirements as mentioned in the initial criteria, you will be issued a work permit to work in Canada temporarily.
- Get at least 24 months of work experience as a caregiver to qualify for permanent residence
If you have less than 24 months work experience as a caregiver in Canada
- If you meet the requirements as mentioned in the initial criteria and are currently in Canada, your family can come with you and apply for work or student permit with your application.
- Complete at least 24 months of work experience as a caregiver to qualify for permanent residence
If you have completed at least 24 months work experience as a caregiver in Canada
• If you have gained 24 months or more as a caregiver in the last 36 months and have met the initial criteria as mentioned, then you and your family may be eligible to apply for permanent residence
Edmonton Immigration Consultants
We are dedicated to help you find an Immigration Stream that best fits your needs. Book a consultation with our Certified Immigration Consultant.