Express Entry is an immigration program that Canada is offering to candidates who want to obtain Permanent Residency in Canada. It is designed to meet the economic needs of Canada and in some cases, it is specifically designed for the specific needs of a specific Province. The eligibility criteria is based on Age, Language (English and/or French), Work Experience, Education and Adaptability. Points will be awarded accordingly. The principal candidate will then be entered in the Express entry Pool together with all other candidates that show their interest to migrate to Canada. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada will be selecting from the Express Entry Pool based on their needs. If the principal candidate is selected, he will receive an invitation to apply for Permanent Residency. The application package needs to be submitted within 60 days from the time the invitation was sent. Additional points will be awarded to candidates that have a sibling that is a Permanent Resident/Canadian Citizen in Canada, other relative by blood, and/or job offer from an employer. The spouse’s/common-law partner’s qualifications may also be added in the candidate’s profile to increase the ranking in the Pool.
*Note: Additional points can be added if you have a sibling that is a PR/Canadian Citizen in Canada, other relative by blood,
and/or job offer from an employer. The more points you accumulate, the higher the ranking you have in the Express Entry
Pool. Your spouse’s/common-law partner’s qualifications may also be added in your profile to increase your ranking in the Pool.
Federal Skilled Worker Program
you must have:
• Proof of Language proficiency in English and/or in French with at least Score of 6 in all four skills (Scores are based from IELTS exams)
• Canadian or Equivalent secondary or post-secondary Degree
• At least 1 year continuous full-time (or equivalent) paid work within the last 10 years and profession must be under NOC 0, A, B category
• Proof of funds maybe needed if you don’t have a current job offer
Federal Skilled Trades Program
you must have:
• Meet required levels of Proficiency in English and/ French (Score of 5 in Speaking, Listening and Writing and Score of 4 in Reading) (Scores are based from IELTS exams)
• At least 2 years of full-time work experience in the last 5 years (or equivalent in part time experience)
• Meet all job requirements for the skilled trade
• A job offer of full time employment for at least 1 year OR certificate of qualification in the skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial or territorial body
• Must be under the following trades:
o Industrial, electrical and construction trades
o Maintenance and equipment operation trades
o Supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production
o Processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators
o Chefs and cooks
o Butchers and bakers
Canadian Experience Class
You must have:
• Must have at least 12 months of full-time or equivalent work experience
• Gained work experience in Canada
• Proof of Language proficiency, CLB 7 and CLB 5 depending on your profession
Our office can do a pre-assessment as to what immigration stream best fits your qualifications.
Immigration Lawyers Edmonton
We are dedicated to help you find an Immigration Stream that best fits your needs. Book a consultation with our Certified Immigration Consultant.